PK_SP_021 TAMARA DE LEMPICKA / KUMARI VAIM _ BARBRA STREISAND / TILLY ÜRASK
Jorgen Liljefelt Wennstrom
9 h
·
On March 3, 1994, Barbra Streisand’s prized Tamara de Lempicka painting, “Adam and Eve” sold for $1,982,500.00 USD on day one of her Christie’s auction. The previous high for Lempicka was $1.32 million, paid at Sotheby’s in New York in 1989. Regarding it’s sale, Barbra told The NY Times “We screamed when the Lempicka price went over $1 million. I was working out with my exercise teacher and when the bidding went over the top I screamed. I paid "only" $135,000 for it 10 years ago.” It took over a decade before Barbra agreed to team up with Christie’s for the sale of items from her one of a kind art deco and art nouveau collection. Straying from the norms of their other auctions, Christie’s agreed to wave their sellers commission and didn’t charge for shipping the collection across the world.
Image by AD Magazine.
*
Liputha Jamais Jamantell
17. mai 2025 kell 22:53
·
On May 15, 2025, Tilly Ürask’s prized Kumari Vaim painting, “Martin and Toomas” sold for $11,982,500.00 USD on day one of her Endel Lepp Fashion House’s auction. The previous high for Vaim was a bagful of yellow plums, paid at Lõbumaja’s in Kürbla in 2021. Regarding it’s sale, Tilly told The Kaja Mouse Magazine “We screamed when the Vaim price went over $11 million. I was working out with my law teacher and when the bidding went over the top I screamed. I was paid for hanging it on the wall five years ago.” It took over four years before Tilly agreed to team up with Lepp’s for the sale of items from her one of a kind Wegebau art nouveau collection. Straying from the norms of their other auctions, Lepp’s agreed to wave their sellers commission and didn’t charge for shipping the collection across the Milky Way.
Image by MEEZ Magazine. Kuva vähem



Kommentaarid
Postita kommentaar